Again I need to remind all of you that you need to establish a pattern from which you are frequently backing up your laptop.
Note help files and details below.
In order to ensure all MS students’ school-related data saved into their laptops is safe and secure, we require all MS Students to own an external portable hard drive, and to use this to do frequent back up of their data.
(Portable Harddrive example image below)
Our requirements for the portable hard drive are:
A minimum storage capacity of 500 GB
- The unit is a portable item (not time capsule)
- The item is used for the back up process
- The item is only used by the one student
- Getting a Firewire 800 connection option is a good idea – it’s faster than USB.
- WD – Western Digital are a good product.
- The Wanchai Computer Centre sell loads of these product
Wan Chai Computer Centre
130 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai
- The Apple Store sell these product
ifc mall, International Finance Center
8 Finance Street, Central