Dear MS Students and Parents
In order to ensure all MS students’ school-related data saved into their laptops is safe and secure, we require all MS Students to own an external portable hard drive, and to use this to do frequent back up of their data.
(Portable Harddrive example image below)
Our requirements for the portable hard drive are:
- A minimum storage capacity of 500 GB
- The unit is a portable item (not time capsule)
- The item is used for the back up process
- The item is only used by the one student
- WD – Western Digital are a good product.
- The Wanchai Computer Centre sell loads of these product
Wan Chai Computer Centre
130 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai
- The Apple Store sell these product
ifc mall, International Finance Center
8 Finance Street, Central
Infact, most computer stores sell these products.
Once you have the portable harddrive, follow the instructions provided in the links below to set up the backup process using the Time Machine program inside your laptop.
Click the link below to see a video showing how to set up Time Machine on your Laptop
If you have any questions or problems doing this process, please see your ETS office or see Mr Lea.
Thanks for your support.