Here’s a few tips that might help with your use of the Mac.
If your Mac is behaving in any way strange or slow try the below 2 things:
First resetting SMC and then resetting PRAM.
Resetting the SMC (System Management Controller)
* Shut down the Mac.
* Ensure that the Mac is plugged into a power source.
* While the Mac is turned off, press and hold the Shift, Control and Option keys, as well as the Power button.
* Release all four keys at the same time (note: the Mac should not power on when performing this task).
Resetting PRAM (Parameter random access memory)
* Turn off your Mac. Don’t worry about disconnecting the power or removing the battery.
* Turn on your Mac and hold down the Command, Option, P, and R keys all at the same time (all four keys).
* Keep holding down all four keys until you hear the startup sound for a second time.
If you do not hear the startup sound twice, then you most likely have not reset the PRAM.
Any problems see Mr Lea or go to the IT support room on the MS 2nd floor.
This should help.